The 2.0-liter Ford QXWA, QXWB or 2.0 Duratorq DW engine was produced from 2006 to 2015 and was installed only on the second generation of the popular Galaxy minivan and S-MAX. This unit is essentially a modification of the French diesel engine DW10BTED4.
The Duratorq-DW line also includes internal combustion engines: TXDA, Q4BA and KNWA.
The engine was installed on:
- Ford Galaxy Mk2 in 2006 – 2015;
- Ford S-MAX Mk1 in 2006 – 2015.
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||140|
|Torque output, Nm||320|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||85|
|Piston stroke, mm||88|
|Timing drive||belt and chain|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.5|
|Euro standards||EURO 4/5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Ford S-MAX 2008)
|Engine lifespan, km||~400 000|
Disadvantages of the QXWA/QXWB engine
- On engines of the first years of production, the chain between the camshafts was often stretched;
- Fuel equipment with piezo injectors is very picky about fuel quality;
- Hydraulic lifters do not tolerate low-quality oil and can knock even up to 100,000 km;
- Due to the vibrations of the motor, the wiring is often frayed and the ECU starts to pour errors;
- As always, a lot of problems are thrown to the owners by a particulate filter and an EGR valve.