The 2.2-liter Ford Q4BA or 2.2 TDCi Duratorq DW engine was produced from 2008 to 2010 and was installed only on the top trim levels of the fourth Mondeo in the pre-facelift version. The unit is inherently a type of French diesel engine DW12BTED4.
The engine was installed on:
- Ford Mondeo Mk4 in 2008 – 2010.
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||175|
|Torque output, Nm||400|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||85|
|Piston stroke, mm||96|
|Timing drive||belt and chain|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.9|
|Euro standards||EURO 4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Ford Mondeo 2009)
|Engine lifespan, km||~375 000|
Disadvantages of the Q4BA engine
- This diesel engine is considered reliable, but very difficult to maintain and repair;
- A modern fuel system with piezo injectors does not tolerate low-quality fuel;
- In addition, to dismantle the nozzles, equipment is required to drill them out;
- A lot of problems for owners are caused by a capricious Bi-Turbo system;
- The remaining breakdowns are associated with contamination of the EGR valve and particulate filter.