The 2.2-liter Peugeot DW12BTED4 or DW12B engine was assembled by the company from 2006 to 2010 and installed on the most prestigious models of the French concern, such as 407, 607 or 807. There were four versions of this Bi-Turbo diesel: 4HP, 4HT for manual transmission and 4HR, 4HS for automatic transmission.
The DW12 line includes: DW12TED4, DW12BTED4, DW12CTED4, DW12MTED4, DW12UTED.
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||163 – 170|
|Torque output, Nm||370|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||85|
|Piston stroke, mm||96|
|Timing drive||chain & belt|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.25|
|Euro standards||EURO 4/5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Peugeot 407 2009)
|Engine lifespan, km||~300 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Peugeot 407 I (D2) in 2006 – 2010;
- Peugeot 607 I (Z8/Z9) in 2006 – 2010;
- Peugeot 807 I (V2) in 2006 – 2010;
- Citroen C5 I (X3/X4) in 2006 – 2008; C5 II (X7) in 2008 – 2009;
- Citroen C6 I (X6) in 2006 – 2010;
- Citroen C8 I (V3) in 2006 – 2010;
- Fiat Ulysse II (179) in 2008 – 2010;
- Lancia Phedra I (179) in 2008 – 2010.
Disadvantages of the DW12BTED4 engine
- The greatest number of problems for the owner is the clogging of the particulate filter;
- In second place in popularity are frequent errors of underblowing or overblowing turbines;
- Many delay replacing an expensive fuel filter and spoil the injectors;
- In addition, piezo injectors often break during dismantling and need to be drilled out.