The 2.2-liter Peugeot DW12MTED4 or DW12M diesel engine was assembled from 2007 to 2013 and installed on the Mitsubishi Outlander crossover and its clones such as the Peugeot 4007 or Citroen C-Crosser. This power unit existed in two versions: 4HN for Euro 4 or 4HK for Euro 5.
The engine was installed on:
- Peugeot 4007 I (I3) in 2007 – 2012;
- Citroen C-Crosser I (EP) in 2007 – 2013;
- Mitsubishi Outlander 2 (CW) in 2007 – 2012.
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||156|
|Torque output, Nm||380|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||85|
|Piston stroke, mm||96|
|Timing drive||chain & belt|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.2|
|Euro standards||EURO 4/5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Peugeot 4007 2009)
|Engine lifespan, km||~350 000|
Disadvantages of the DW12MTED4 engine
- The main problems are related to the violation of the fuel filter replacement schedule;
- Modern fuel equipment with piezo injectors cannot tolerate low-quality diesel fuel;
- The culprit for most errors on the panel is under-blowing or over-blowing the turbine;
- A lot of trouble for the owner can be caused by frequent clogging of the particulate filter.