The 2.2-liter Peugeot DW12CTED4 or DW12C or 4HL engine was produced from 2010 to 2015 and was installed only on the two most prestigious models of the company: Peugeot 508 and Citroen C5. Modifications of this power unit are often found on Ford cars.
The engine was installed on:
- Peugeot 508 I (W2) in 2010 – 2015;
- Citroen C5 II (X7) in 2010 – 2015.
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||204|
|Torque output, Nm||450|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||85|
|Piston stroke, mm||96|
|Timing drive||chain & belt|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.3|
|Euro standards||EURO 5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Peugeot 508 2012)
|Engine lifespan, km||~300 000|
Disadvantages of the DW12CTED4 engine
- The disadvantage of this motor is its rarity.
- The main trouble is delivered by the particulate filter, which is very often clogged.
- Also, errors often occur here due to under-blowing or over-blowing of the turbine.
- Piezo injectors not only quickly become clogged, but are also dismantled with great difficulty.
- The rest of the problems are related to the violation of the fuel filter replacement schedule.