The 1.2-liter Peugeot EB2ADTX or HNN turbo engine has been produced by the concern since 2018 and is installed on many charged versions of the company’s models with PureTech 155 indices. There is a slightly simplified environmental modification of such a power unit under the EB2ADTXM index.
Engines of the EB family: EB0, EB2, EB2M, EB2DT, EB2DTS, EB2ADTX.
|Production years||since 2018|
|Fuel system||direct injection|
|Power output, hp||155|
|Torque output, Nm||240|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R3|
|Block head||aluminum 12v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||75|
|Piston stroke, mm||90.5|
|Phase regulator||dual VTi|
|Recommended engine oil||0W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.4|
|Euro standards||EURO 6d|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Peugeot 2008 GT 2020)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Citroen C4 III (C41) since 2020;
- DS DS3 II (D34) since 2018;
- Peugeot 2008 II (P24) since 2019.
Disadvantages of the EB2ADTX engine
- This turbine unit is a recent addition and failure statistics have not yet been collected.
- On specialized forums, you can find isolated complaints about low oil consumption.
- In the engine, injectors are only direct injection and carbon deposits on the valves are not uncommon.
- The weak point of the engines of this family is the timing belt in an oil bath.
- Sometimes it is quickly erased and wear products clog the oil channels and the pump.