The 1.2-liter Peugeot EB2M or HMY petrol engine has been assembled by the company since 2012 and is installed on budget models, such as the 301 and the similar Citroen C-Elysee 1.2 VTi. This power unit is essentially a simplified version of the EB2 motor without a phase regulator.
|Production years||since 2012|
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||72|
|Torque output, Nm||110|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R3|
|Block head||aluminum 12v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||75|
|Piston stroke, mm||90.5|
|Recommended engine oil||0W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||3.25|
|Euro standards||EURO 5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Peugeot 301 2015)
|Engine lifespan, km||~300 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Citroen C-Elysee I (R31) since 2012;
- Peugeot 301 I (M33) since 2012.
Disadvantages of the Peugeot EB2M engine
- For engines of the first years, a recall campaign was carried out in connection with the axial play of the crankshaft.
- Also, on engines with a mileage of over 100 thousand km, oil consumption is often.
- But the most troublesome thing is the timing belt located in the oil bath.
- It wears out pretty quickly, and its wear products clog the oil channels.
- That is why the oil pump in this power unit does not last a particularly long time.