The 1.2-liter 3-cylinder Peugeot EB2 or HMX engine has been produced since 2012 and is installed on models with the PureTech 82 index, but now it is gradually being replaced by the EB2F engine. This power unit has several modifications, such as EB2D, EB2FA, EB2FD or EB2FAD.
Engines of the EB family: EB0, EB2, EB2M, EB2DT, EB2DTS, EB2ADTX.
|Production years||since 2012|
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||82|
|Torque output, Nm||118|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R3|
|Block head||aluminum 12v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||75|
|Piston stroke, mm||90.5|
|Phase regulator||dual VTi|
|Recommended engine oil||0W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||3.25|
|Euro standards||EURO 5/6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Peugeot 108 2015)
|Engine lifespan, km||~270 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Citroen C1 II (B4) in 2014 – 2018;
- Peugeot C3 II (A51) in 2012 – 2017; C3 III (B61) since 2017;
- Peugeot C3 Aircross II (A88) in 2017 – 2019;
- Peugeot C4 Cactus I (E3) in 2014 – 2018; C4 Cactus II (F3) in 2018 – 2020;
- Peugeot C-Elysee I (R31) since 2016;
- Peugeot DS3 I (A55) in 2012 – 2016;
- DS DS3 I (A55) in 2016 – 2018;
- Opel Crossland X (P17) since 2017;
- Peugeot 108 I (B3) in 2014 – 2018;
- Peugeot 208 I (A9) in 2012 – 2019;
- Peugeot 2008 I (A94) in 2013 – 2019;
- Peugeot 301 I (M33) since 2012;
- Peugeot 308 II (T9) in 2013 – 2017.
Disadvantages of the Peugeot EB2 engine
- For engines of the first years, a recall campaign was carried out due to axial play of the crankshaft.
- Also on specialized forums you can find many complaints about the oil burner after 100,000 km of run.
- But the main problem here is the timing belt located in the oil bath.
- It can wear out quickly, and oil channels are clogged with its wear products.
- For the same reason, the oil pump in this engine does not last very long.