The Peugeot EB0 or ZMZ 1.0-liter 3-cylinder engine was produced from 2012 to 2017 and was installed in base versions of the 208 and the similar second-generation Citroen C3. The modification of such a power unit to more stringent Euro 6 environmental standards has the EB0F index.
Engines of the EB family: EB0, EB2, EB2M, EB2DT, EB2DTS, EB2ADTX.
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||68|
|Torque output, Nm||95|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R3|
|Block head||aluminum 12v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||71|
|Piston stroke, mm||84.1|
|Phase regulator||dual VTi|
|Recommended engine oil||0W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||3.25|
|Euro standards||EURO 5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Citroen C3 2014)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Citroen C3 II (A51) in 2012 – 2017;
- Peugeot 208 I (A9) in 2012 – 2016.
Disadvantages of the Peugeot EB0 engine
- For these engines, a recall campaign was carried out due to crankshaft axial play.
- There are a lot of complaints on specialized forums about oil consumption after 100,000 km of run.
- But the main problem of the motor is the timing belt located in the oil bath.
- It wears out very quickly, and its wear products clog oil channels.
- That is why the oil pump for units of this series does not last a particularly long time.