The 1.8-liter Peugeot XUD7TE or A8A diesel engine was produced from 1987 to 1995 and was installed both on a number of its own models and on cars from other manufacturers. Such an engine in the XUD7T version without an intercooler with 78 hp and 157 Nm was installed on the Peugeot 205 and 309.
The engine was installed on:
- Peugeot 405 I (D6/D7) in 1987 – 1992;
- Citroen BX in 1992 – 1994;
- Honda Concerto in 1989 – 1994;
- Rover 200 in 1989 – 1995;
- Rover 400 in 1990 – 1995.
|Power output, hp||90 – 92|
|Torque output, Nm||180|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 8v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||80|
|Piston stroke, mm||88|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-40|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.0|
|Euro standards||EURO 1|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Peugeot 405 1990)
|Engine lifespan, km||~350 000|
Disadvantages of the XUD7TE engine
- Many engine problems are related to the low location of the expansion tank;
- Due to a decrease in the level of coolant, the engine boils and pierces the gasket;
- Poor quality oil quickly affects the performance of a turbocharger;
- And the service life of the injection pump is highly dependent on the regularity of replacing the fuel filter;
- There are no hydraulic lifters, so the valve clearances will have to be adjusted by yourself.