The 1.5-liter Peugeot DV5RE or YHW or 1.5 BlueHDi 75 engine has been produced since 2018 and is installed on such popular commercial models of the concern as Rifter, Berlingo or Combo. This weakest motor in the family is equipped with a conventional turbine without variable geometry.
The engine was installed on:
- Citroen Berlingo III (K9) since 2018;
- Opel Combo E (X19) in 2018 – 2019;
- Peugeot Rifter I (K9) since 2018.
|Production years||since 2018|
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||75|
|Torque output, Nm||230|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||75|
|Piston stroke, mm||84.8|
|Timing drive||chain & belt|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.0|
|Euro standards||EURO 6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Peugeot Rifter 2019)
|Engine lifespan, km||~300 000|
Disadvantages of the DV5RE engine
- This diesel engine has recently appeared and there is still too little information about its weak points.
- So far, the main complaints of owners are related to the rapid contamination of the EGR valve.
- Fuel equipment does not tolerate bad diesel fuel, as well as rare replacement of filters.
- Monitor the condition of the timing belt, as if it breaks, a major overhaul awaits you.
- As with all units of the BlueHDi series, an AdBlue charge is required here.