The 2.7-liter Peugeot DT17TED4 or UHZ diesel engine was developed jointly with Ford and from 2004 to 2010 was installed on a number of popular concern models, for example 407 or 607. On Land Rover and Ford cars, there was a modification for 190 hp DT17 with one turbine.
Diesels of the DT family: DT17TED4, DT20C.
The engine was installed on:
- Peugeot 407 I (D2) in 2004 – 2010;
- Peugeot 607 I (Z8/Z9) in 2005 – 2010;
- Citroen C5 II (X7) in 2008 – 2009;
- Citroen C6 I (X6) in 2005 – 2009.
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||204|
|Torque output, Nm||440|
|Cylinder block||cast iron V6|
|Block head||aluminum 24v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||81|
|Piston stroke, mm||88|
|Timing drive||belt and two chains|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.75|
|Euro standards||EURO 4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Peugeot 607 2008)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
Disadvantages of the DT17TED4 engine
- The thermostat housing often bursts at the seam, which immediately leads to overheating of the engine;
- Piezo injectors of the CR Siemens fuel system are demanding on fuel quality;
- After 150,000 km of run, the chains between the camshafts are often stretched here;
- Gradual exhaustion of the oil pump causes a drop in lubrication pressure in the system;
- Oil starvation quickly leads to cranking of the liners and breakage of the crankshaft.