The 1.6-liter Peugeot EP6CDTM or 5FM THP 163 engine was produced from 2011 to 2017 and was installed on many popular models of the concern, such as 308, 508, as well as DS4 and DS5. In some markets, a 150-horsepower version of this engine was offered with the 5FE or EP6CDTMD index.
Turbo engines of the Prince family: EP6DT, EP6DTS, EP6CDT, EP6CDTM, EP6CDTR, EP6CDTX, EP6FDT, EP6FDTM, EP6FDTR.
|Fuel system||direct injection|
|Power output, hp||163 (5FC and 5FM or THP 163)
150 (5FE or THP 150)
|Torque output, Nm||240|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||77|
|Piston stroke, mm||85.8|
|Phase regulator||at the exhaust|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.25|
|Euro standards||EURO 5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Peugeot 408 2015)
|Engine lifespan, km||~200 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Citroen C4 Sedan II (B7) in 2012 – 2017;
- Citroen C5 II (X7) in 2011 – 2015;
- Citroen DS3 I (A55) in 2011 – 2015;
- Citroen DS4 I (B75) in 2011 – 2015;
- Citroen DS5 I (B81) in 2011 – 2015;
- Peugeot 208 I (A9) in 2012 – 2015;
- Peugeot 308 II (T9) in 2013 – 2017;
- Peugeot 408 I (T73) in 2012 – 2017;
- Peugeot 508 I (W2) in 2011 – 2014;
- Peugeot 3008 I (T84) in 2012 – 2016;
- Peugeot 5008 I (T87) in 2012 – 2017.
Disadvantages of the EP6CDTM engine
- Most of the problems here are delivered by the direct injection system and especially the injection pump.
- In second place is an unreliable timing chain, usually its resource is less than 100,000 km.
- Also, these engines are famous for their oil burn, coking of the intake and oil supply pipes.
- From a lack of lubrication in this engine, the turbine fails quite quickly.
- Another weak point of the motor is the thermostat, water pump and oil pump.