The 1.6-liter Peugeot EP6CDTR or 5FG THP 270 engine was produced from 2013 to 2018 and was distinguished by a reinforced block, a connecting rod and piston group, and also polymer liners. The unit was installed only on the RCZ R coupe, and a similar EP6FDTR was installed on the 308 GTI 270.
Turbo engines of the Prince family: EP6DT, EP6DTS, EP6CDT, EP6CDTM, EP6CDTR, EP6CDTX, EP6FDT, EP6FDTM, EP6FDTR.
|Fuel system||direct injection|
|Power output, hp||270|
|Torque output, Nm||330|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||77|
|Piston stroke, mm||85.8|
|Phase regulator||at intake and exhaust|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.25|
|Euro standards||EURO 5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Peugeot RCZ R 2014)
|Engine lifespan, km||~175 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Peugeot RCZ I (T75) in 2013 – 2015.
Disadvantages of the EP6CDTR engine
- This is a very rare sports turbo engine and there is very little information on it.
- First of all, it is worth monitoring the condition of the timing chain, its resource is very small.
- Also, the unit is famous for its oil burner, coking of the intake and oil supply pipes.
- From a lack of lubrication in this engine, the turbine quickly fails.
- The thermostat, water pump and injection pump of the direct injection system are just consumables here.