The 1.6-liter Peugeot EP6DTS engine was produced at the Duvrin plant from 2007 to 2018 and was installed as 5FY on the charged 207 GTi and 308 GT models, and also as 5FD and 5FF on DS3 Racing. Similar power units were installed on the Mini under the indices N14B16A and N14B16C.
Turbo engines of the Prince family: EP6DT, EP6DTS, EP6CDT, EP6CDTM, EP6CDTR, EP6CDTX, EP6FDT, EP6FDTM, EP6FDTR.
|Fuel system||direct injection|
|Power output, hp||175 (5FY or THP 175)
202 (5FF or THP 202)
208 (5FD or THP 208)
|Torque output, Nm||240 (5FY or THP 175)
275 (5FF or THP 202)
300 (5FD or THP 208)
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||77|
|Piston stroke, mm||85.8|
|Compression ratio||10.5 (5FY or THP 175)
10.0 (5FF or THP 202)
10.0 (5FD or THP 208)
|Phase regulator||at the exhaust|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.2|
|Euro standards||EURO 4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Peugeot 207 GTi 2008)
|Engine lifespan, km||~200 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Peugeot 207 I (A7) in 2007 – 2010;
- Peugeot 308 I (T7) in 2008 – 2010;
- Citroen DS3 I (A55) in 2010 – 2016; DS DS3 I (A55) in 2016 – 2018.
Disadvantages of the EP6DTS engine
- The weak point of the engine is the injection pump of the direct injection system, its resource is 50,000 km;
- The timing chain serves very little, sometimes it requires intervention every 30,000 km;
- The engine is also famous for its oil burner, coking of the intake and oil supply pipes;
- Often there is a wedge of a vacuum pump, sometimes even with a cranking of the camshaft;
- Also, engine owners regularly change the thermostat, water pump and lambda probes.