The 2.2-liter Audi 2.2 KU gasoline engine was produced by the concern from 1984 to 1990 and was installed on the popular 100 C3 model in the 44th body. This motor was equipped with a rather difficult to maintain K-Jetronic mechanical injection.
|Power output, hp||138|
|Torque output, Nm||188|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R5|
|Block head||aluminum 10v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||81|
|Piston stroke, mm||86.4|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-40|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.5|
|Euro standards||EURO 1|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Audi 100 C3 1985)
|Engine lifespan, km||~350 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Audi 100 C3 (44) in 1984 – 1990.
Disadvantages of the Audi KU engine
- The main problems for the owner are delivered by the K-Jetronic mechanical injection system.
- The reason for floating speed is usually a broken throttle diaphragm or a dirty idle valve.
- The fuel pump does not tolerate dirt and long driving with an almost empty tank.
- Also, some components of the ignition system have low reliability.
- At high mileage, hydraulic lifters often fail and start knocking.