The 2.2-liter Audi AAN 2.2 turbo gasoline engine was assembled at the factory from 1991 to 1997 and was installed only on sports modifications of the 100 model under the names S4 or S6. This power unit was put on the Audi S2 car under a completely different ABY index.
The EA828 series includes: RT, KU, NF, NG, AAR, AAN.
|Power output, hp||230|
|Torque output, Nm||350|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R5|
|Block head||aluminum 20v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||81|
|Piston stroke, mm||86.4|
|Timing drive||chain & belt|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-40|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.5|
|Euro standards||EURO 2|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Audi S6 1996)
|Engine lifespan, km||~300 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Audi S4 in 1991 – 1994;
- Audi S6 in 1994 – 1997.
Disadvantages of the Audi AAN engine
- This turbo engine is prone to detonation;
- Also, this unit often overheats, monitor the condition of its radiators;
- The ignition system causes many problems: especially coils and their tips;
- The timing belt and chain are changed every 100,000 km, or if they break, the valves will bend;
- On runs over 200,000 km, the turbine and hydraulic lifters often fail.