The 1.5-liter Toyota 2NR-VE engine has been assembled since 2015 in Japan for Asian models. This motor is available in two versions: for EURO 3 and for EURO 4/5 with different compression ratios. All modifications of this power unit are equipped with Dual VVT-i phase control systems.
The engine was installed on:
- Toyota Avanza F650 since 2015;
- Toyota Rush F800 since 2017;
- Daihatsu Terios J300 since 2017;
- Perodua Myvi since 2017.
|Production years||since 2015|
|Fuel system||injector MPI|
|Power output, hp||104|
|Torque output, Nm||136|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||72.5|
|Piston stroke, mm||90.6|
|Compression ratio||10.5 – 11.5|
|Phase regulator||Dual VVT-i|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-20|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||3.4|
|Euro standards||EURO 3/4/5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Toyota Rush 2017)
|Engine lifespan, km||~200 000|
Disadvantages of the 2NR-VE engine
- On specialized forums, if they complain, then only about noisy work and a small oil burner;
- Ignition coils and a water pump turned out to be rather short-lived in operation.