The 1.5-liter Toyota 2NR-FKE engine has been assembled since 2015 at the company’s Japanese plant and only for the local car market. This engine operates on an economical Atkinson cycle with a compression ratio of 13.5: 1, and also has a proprietary VVT-iE variable valve timing system.
The engine was installed on:
- Toyota Corolla Axio E160 since 2015;
- Toyota Corolla Fielder E160 since 2015;
- Toyota Porte XP140 since 2015;
- Toyota Sienta XP170 since 2015.
|Production years||since 2015|
|Fuel system||injector MPI|
|Power output, hp||109|
|Torque output, Nm||136|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||72.5|
|Piston stroke, mm||90.6|
|Recommended engine oil||0W-20|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||3.4|
|Euro standards||EURO 5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Toyota Corolla Axio 2016)
|Engine lifespan, km||~200 000|
Disadvantages of the 2NR-FKE engine
- This engine does not like bad fuel and poor quality engine oil;
- A number of owners note a small oil burner and loud noises during a cold start;
- Carbon deposits in the intake manifold accumulate already by a run of 30 thousand km;
- Ignition coils and water pump have a relatively modest resource.