The 1.2-liter Toyota 8NR-FTS engine has been produced since 2015 and only at the concern’s Japanese plant. This engine operates on the Atkinson cycle, is equipped with direct fuel injection, turbocharging with an intercooler and variable valve timing systems VVT-i + VVT-iW.
The engine was installed on:
- Toyota Auris 2 (E180) since 2015;
- Toyota C-HR 1 (AX10) since 2016.
|Production years||since 2015|
|Fuel system||direct injection D-4T|
|Power output, hp||115|
|Torque output, Nm||185|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||71.5|
|Piston stroke, mm||74.5|
|Phase regulator||VVT-iW + VVT-i|
|Recommended engine oil||0W-20|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.4|
|Euro standards||EURO 5/6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Toyota C-HR 2017)
|Engine lifespan, km||~200 000|
Disadvantages of the 8NR-FTS engine
- A number of owners complain about progressive oil combustion from the first kilometers;
- Extraneous sounds are often heard in the operation of the motor, especially from VVT-i clutches;
- The EGR valve becomes dirty quickly, cleaning may be needed already at 30,000 km.