2NZ engine – 4-stroke 4-cylinder gasoline with electronic fuel injection and ignition control system, in-line cylinders and pistons rotating one common crankshaft, with two overhead camshafts (usually with a variable valve timing system of an internal combustion engine VVT-i). The engine has a closed-type forced circulation liquid cooling system. Combined lubrication system: pressure and spray.
|Also called||Toyota 2NZ|
|Cylinder block alloy||aluminum|
|Number of cylinders||4|
|Valves per cylinder||4|
|Piston stroke, mm||73.5|
|Cylinder bore, mm||75|
|Power output, hp||84/6000|
|Torque output, Nm / rpm||121/4400|
|Euro standards||Euro 5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Yaris XP90)
|Oil consumption, gr/1000 km||up to 1000|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30 / 10W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||3.7|
|Oil change interval, km||10000
|Normal engine operating temperature, °C||~90|
|Engine lifespan, km
— official information
- Increased oil consumption. The problem is noticed after about 150 thousand kilometers. It can be solved either by replacing the rings and caps, or by decarbonizing.
- Noises in the motor. The main reason is the timing chain stretching. As a rule, it appears after 200 thousand kilometers. It just needs to be replaced. Also check the damper and chain tensioner.
- The turnovers of the XX have floated. It is required to clean the BDZ throttle-valve module, as well as the detector and valve at idle speed.
- A whistling sound appeared in the engine. This is a characteristic of a cracked alternator belt. It just needs to be replaced.
- Vibrations from the unit. It is necessary in sequence: check the front cushion, clean the injectors, replace the fuel filter.
Problems also include: breakdown of the oil pressure sensor, leakage of the rear oil seal on the crankshaft, inability to repair the cylinder block. Most often, upon reaching 200 thousand km of run, the motor changes. The use of quality engine oil will help to increase the durability of the Toyota 2NZ engine.