The 1.5-liter Peugeot DV5RD or YHY or 1.5 BlueHDi 100 engine has been produced since 2018 and is installed on such popular models of the French concern as 208, 308 and Traveler. Such a unit has become very widespread in the European automotive market.
|Production years||since 2018|
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||100 – 102|
|Torque output, Nm||250 – 270|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||75|
|Piston stroke, mm||84.8|
|Timing drive||chain & belt|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.0|
|Euro standards||EURO 6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Peugeot 308 2019)
|Engine lifespan, km||~290 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Citroen C3 III (B61) since 2018;
- Citroen C4 Cactus II (F3) since 2019;
- Citroen C-Cactus since 2018;
- Citroen Berlingo III (K9) since 2018;
- Citroen SpaceTourer I (K0) since 2018;
- DS DS3 II (D34) since 2018;
- Peugeot 208 I (A9) in 2018 – 2019; 208 II (P21) since 2019;
- Peugeot 2008 I (A94) in 2018 – 2019; 2008 II (P24) since 2019;
- Peugeot 301 I (M33) since 2018;
- Peugeot 308 II (T9) since 2018;
- Peugeot Rifter I (K9) since 2018;
- Peugeot Traveller I (K0) since 2018;
- Opel Combo E (X19) since 2018;
- Opel Corsa F (P2JO) since 2019;
- Opel Grandland X (A18) since 2018 – 2019;
- Opel Vivaro C (K0) since 2019;
- Opel Zafira D (K0) since 2019;
- Toyota ProAce 2 (MPY) since 2018.
Disadvantages of the DV5RD engine
- This diesel engine has appeared recently and the statistics of its malfunctions have not yet been collected.
- At this point, most of the complaints are related to the rapid contamination of the EGR valve.
- Fuel equipment does not tolerate bad diesel fuel or rare replacement of filters.
- All BlueHDi engines require regular AdBlue refills.
- Carefully monitor the condition of the timing belt, with its breakage, expensive repairs await you.