The Peugeot TUD5 1.5 liter diesel engine was produced from 1994 to 2003 and replaced the TUD3. The power unit was widely used not only on French small cars, it was installed on Nissan, Rover, Maruti, Proton, Lada cars.
The TUD line also includes: TUD3.
The engine was installed on:
- Citroen AX I (ZA) in 1994 – 1996;
- Citroen Saxo I (S8) in 1996 – 2003;
- Peugeot 106 I (S1/S2) in 1995 – 2003;
- Nissan Micra 2 (K11) in 1998 – 2002;
- Rover 100 I (XP) in 1995 – 1997.
|Power output, hp||58|
|Torque output, Nm||95|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 8v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||77|
|Piston stroke, mm||82|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-40|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.5|
|Euro standards||EURO 1/2/3|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Citroen Saxo 2000)
|Engine lifespan, km||~200 000|
Disadvantages of the Peugeot TUD5 engine
- Regularly check the condition of the timing belt; if it breaks, the valves most often bend;
- Due to the lack of electronics, this diesel engine has no reliability problems.