1.4-liter Peugeot TU3K or K1G engine is the ancestor of the extensive TU range. They collected it from 1986 to 1992 and put it on such popular company models as 205, 405. This power unit in a number of sources carries the TU3A index, which introduces some confusion.
The engine was installed on:
- Peugeot 205 I (M24) in 1988 – 1991;
- Peugeot 309 I (C28) in 1990 – 1991;
- Peugeot 405 I (D6/D7) in 1987 – 1992;
- Citroen AX in 1989 – 1991;
- Citroen BX in 1988 – 1991.
|Power output, hp||65 – 70|
|Torque output, Nm||110 – 115|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 8v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||75|
|Piston stroke, mm||77|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-40|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||3.0|
|Euro standards||EURO 0|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Peugeot 205 1991)
|Engine lifespan, km||~180 000|
Disadvantages of the TU3K engine
- Most owners are bothered by the frequent and varied vagaries of the carburetor;
- In second place in terms of prevalence are failures of the engine ignition system;
- Next come electrical glitches, usually problems are related to wiring or contacts;
- It is advisable to change the timing belt every 60,000 km, because when it breaks, the valves bend;
- Approximately once every 70 – 80 thousand km, adjustment of the thermal clearances of the valves is required.