The 1.6-liter Peugeot TU5JP4 or NFU engine was produced from 2000 to 2015 in France and was installed on many popular concern models, such as 1007, 206, 307 or Partner. There were also sports modifications of this motor TU5J4 for 118 hp and TU5JP4S for 125 hp.
- Cast iron four-cylinder block;
- Aluminum sixteen-valve cylinder head;
- BOSCH multiport fuel injection system;
- The timing drive here is carried out by a toothed belt;
- Valve clearances are adjusted by hydraulic compensators;
- Electric Throttle Body;
- The intake manifold is equal length, made of plastic.
The engine was installed on:
- Peugeot 206 I (T1) in 2000 – 2007;
- Peugeot 307 I (T5/T6) in 2001 – 2008;
- Peugeot Partner I (M49/M59) in 2001 – 2015;
- Peugeot 1007 I (A8) in 2005 – 2009;
- Citroen C2 in 2003 – 2007;
- Citroen C3 in 2002 – 2009;
- Citroen C4 in 2004 – 2008;
- Citroen Berlingo in 2008 – 2010;
- Citroen Xsara in 2001 – 2004;
- Citroen Xsara Picasso in 2005 – 2010.
|Power output, hp||90 – 110|
|Torque output, Nm||130 – 150|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||78.5|
|Piston stroke, mm||82|
|Compression ratio||10.8 – 11.0|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30, 5W-40|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||3.5|
|Euro standards||EURO 3/4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Peugeot 307 2007)
|Engine lifespan, km||~300 000|
Disadvantages of the TU5JP4 engine
- A reliable unit as a whole most often worries about electrical glitches.
- Many people experience sudden twitching or tripping of the engine. Coils are the weakest link in the ignition system.
- Owners often complain about floating engine idle speeds. The throttle body and idle speed control should be cleaned periodically.
- The timing belt drive is not very reliable, and when it breaks, the valves bend. Carefully follow the replacement schedule and the condition of the belt.
- Often under the hood you can hear the loud clatter of hydraulic lifters. Use only engine oil recommended by the manufacturer.