The 1.5-liter Peugeot DV5TED4 diesel engine was first introduced only in 2018 and is slowly spreading across a very extensive range of the French concern. This modification is essentially a derated version of the DV5RC engine and is rare.
The engine was installed on:
- Citroen C4 Cactus II (F3) in 2019 – 2020;
- Citroen SpaceTourer I (K0) since 2018;
- Opel Vivaro C (K0) since 2019;
- Opel Zafira D (K0) since 2019;
- Peugeot 2008 I (A94) in 2018 – 2019;
- Peugeot Traveller I (K0) since 2018;
- Toyota ProAce 2 (MPY) since 2018.
|Production years||since 2018|
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||120|
|Torque output, Nm||300|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||75|
|Piston stroke, mm||84.8|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||3.75|
|Euro standards||EURO 6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Peugeot 2008 2019)
|Engine lifespan, km||~270 000|
Disadvantages of the DV5TED4 engine
- The engine has only recently begun to be used, so there is no information on reliability anywhere yet.
- Common Rail piezo injectors will certainly be demanding on fuel quality.
- BlueHDi aftertreatment system requires specialized service.
- Monitor the condition of the timing belt or if it breaks, an expensive repair awaits you.