The 1.4-liter 16-valve Peugeot DV4TED4 diesel engine was assembled from 2002 to 2005 and installed on the first generation Citroen C3, as well as on the Suzuki Liana under the index 10FD53. There were two versions of the unit equipped with Common Rail Delphi: 8HY with 90 hp and 8HV with 92 hp.
The engine was installed on:
- Citroen C3 I (A31) in 2002 – 2005.
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||90 – 92|
|Torque output, Nm||200|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||73.7|
|Piston stroke, mm||82|
|Timing drive||chain & belt|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||3.75|
|Euro standards||EURO 3|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Citroen C3 2004)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
Disadvantages of the DV4TED4 engine
- The extremely inconvenient location of the fuel filter leads to its rare replacement.
- Hence the problems with the fuel system: injectors, dosing unit, injection pump.
- In addition, Delphi equipment is considered complex and very expensive to repair.
- This is followed by frequent breakdowns of expensive variable geometry turbines.
- There are complaints from owners about lubricant leaks and intercooler defects.