The 1.4-liter Peugeot DV4TED or Bipper 1.4 HDi engine was produced from 2008 to 2010 and was installed on the Peugeot Bipper and Citroen Nemo compact vans popular on the European market. This motor exists in one modification 8HS and is an updated version of the DV4TD engine.
The engine was installed on:
- Citroen Nemo I (A9) in 2008 – 2010;
- Peugeot Bipper I (A9) in 2008 – 2010.
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||68|
|Torque output, Nm||160|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 8v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||73.7|
|Piston stroke, mm||82|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||3.75|
|Euro standards||EURO 4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Peugeot Bipper 2009)
|Engine lifespan, km||~300 000|
Disadvantages of the DV4TED engine
- This diesel engine has a modest working volume, but a pretty decent resource;
- The weak points of Bosch fuel equipment include only the dosing unit;
- Constantly check the condition of the timing belt, as when it breaks, the valves bend;
- The turbine here is simple, without variable geometry, but it lasts less than 200,000 km;
- You still have to regularly change the crankcase ventilation membrane and the crankshaft damper pulley.