The 1.8-liter Opel A18XER or Ecotec 2H0 engine was assembled from 2008 to 2015 in Hungary and installed on such popular company models as Mokka, Insignia and two generations of Zafira. A-XER motors are considered the most reliable among all the group’s units of their time.
The engine was installed on:
- Opel Insignia A (G09) in 2008 – 2013;
- Opel Mokka A (J13) in 2013 – 2015;
- Opel Zafira B (A05) in 2010 – 2014; Zafira C (P12) in 2011 – 2015.
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||140|
|Torque output, Nm||175|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||80.5|
|Piston stroke, mm||88.2|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.45|
|Euro standards||EURO 5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Opel Mokka 2014)
|Engine lifespan, km||~320 000|
Disadvantages of the A18XER engine
- The ignition system delivers the most problems, especially the module with coils;
- Oil cooler leaks are also common, changing the gasket usually helps;
- In this generation of motors, phase regulators have become more reliable, but sometimes they break;
- The weak point of the engine is an unreliable crankcase ventilation system;
- Do not forget about adjusting valve clearances by selecting measuring cups.