The 1.6-liter Opel A16XHT or LVP engine has been produced since 2013 at the company’s Hungarian plant and is installed on advanced versions of such popular models as the Insignia and Astra. This power unit has a more powerful Performance Turbo version under the A16SHT index.
The engine was installed on:
- Opel Astra J (P10) in 2012 – 2015;
- Opel Insignia A (G09) in 2013 – 2017.
|Production years||since 2013|
|Fuel system||direct injection|
|Power output, hp||170|
|Torque output, Nm||260 – 280|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||79|
|Piston stroke, mm||81.5|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.55|
|Euro standards||EURO 5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Opel Insignia 2015)
|Engine lifespan, km||~275 000|
Disadvantages of the A16XHT engine
- This engine often annoys with excessive noise, whistling and vibrations in operation;
- There were several recall campaigns, the first due to falling off electrodes of candles;
- Frequent cases of destruction of pistons were recorded, we advise you to replace them with forged ones;
- A small resource here has a thermostat, a water pump, and a high-pressure fuel pump does not last long;
- After 100,000 km, the balance shaft chain can stretch, and replacement is very expensive.