The 1.4-liter Opel A14XER or Ecotec LDD engine has been produced by the company since 2009 and is installed on such popular compact models of the concern as Corsa, Meriva, Adam. Now the units of this family are gradually being replaced by new Euro 6 B-series engines.
The A10 line includes: A12XER, A14NET, A16XER, A16LET, A16XHT and A18XER.
The engine was installed on:
- Opel Adam A (M13) since 2013;
- Opel Astra J (P10) in 2009 – 2013;
- Opel Corsa D (S07) in 2009 – 2014;
- Opel Meriva B (S10) in 2010 – 2017.
|Production years||since 2009|
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||100|
|Torque output, Nm||130|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||73.4|
|Piston stroke, mm||82.6|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.2|
|Euro standards||EURO 5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Opel Corsa 2011)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
Disadvantages of the A14XER engine
- Motors of this series often annoy with noise, whistling and clicking, but this is not a breakdown;
- Oil leaks often occur, especially from under the valve cover or pressure sensor;
- In second place in terms of lubricant leaks is the outdated crankcase ventilation system;
- Malfunctions in the operation of electric fans often lead to engine overheating;
- The resource is less than usual here: thermostat, pump, ignition module and candles.