The 2.0-liter Opel A20NHT or LDK engine was produced by the company from 2008 to 2013 and was installed only on expensive versions of the rather popular Insignia model. This power unit was considered very unreliable and soon gave way to the A20NFT motor.
The engine was installed on:
- Opel Insignia A (G09) in 2008 – 2013.
|Fuel system||direct injection|
|Power output, hp||220|
|Torque output, Nm||350|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||86|
|Piston stroke, mm||86|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||6.0|
|Euro standards||EURO 5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Opel Insignia 2010)
|Engine lifespan, km||~220 000|
Disadvantages of the A20NHT engine
- In the early years of production, owners often encountered sudden traction failures;
- The engine is constantly leaking oil, and it has an extremely large number of weak points;
- The timing chain runs very differently, many had to change it even at low mileage;
- A small resource here has an electronic throttle, as well as high pressure fuel pump;
- When using bad fuel, you can get to replace the piston up to 50,000 km.