Opel A30XH or A30HF 3.0-liter V6 petrol engine has been produced only since 2010 and is installed on a number of large GM models, including the popular Antara and Captiva. These motors in the catalog of the American concern carry the indices LF1 and LFW, respectively.
The A-series also includes engines: A20NFT, A20NHT, A24XE and A28NET.
The engine was installed on:
- Opel Antara A (L07) in 2010 – 2017;
- Chevrolet Captiva C140 in 2011 – 2018;
- Saab 9-4X in 2010 – 2011.
|Production years||since 2010|
|Fuel system||direct injection|
|Power output, hp||250 – 275|
|Torque output, Nm||285 – 305|
|Cylinder block||aluminum V6|
|Block head||aluminum 24v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||89|
|Piston stroke, mm||80.3|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.7|
|Euro standards||EURO 5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Opel Antara 2014)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
Disadvantages of the A30XH engine
- The main problems of this engine are related to the direct fuel injection system.
- The valves must be regularly cleaned of carbon deposits, as well as monitor the condition of the injection pump.
- With any contamination of the cooling system, the risk of engine overheating increases dramatically.
- If the engine is often allowed to overheat, it will soon begin to consume oil.