Opel A30XH or A30HF 3.0-liter V6 petrol engine has been produced only since 2010 and is installed on a number of large GM models, including the popular Antara and Captiva. These motors in the catalog of the American concern carry the indices LF1 and LFW, respectively.
The engine was installed on:
- Opel Antara A (L07) in 2010 – 2017;
- Chevrolet Captiva C140 in 2011 – 2018;
- Saab 9-4X in 2010 – 2011.
|Production years||since 2010|
|Fuel system||direct injection|
|Power output, hp||250 – 275|
|Torque output, Nm||285 – 305|
|Cylinder block||aluminum V6|
|Block head||aluminum 24v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||89|
|Piston stroke, mm||80.3|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.7|
|Euro standards||EURO 5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Opel Antara 2014)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
Disadvantages of the A30XH engine
- The main problems of this engine are related to the direct fuel injection system.
- The valves must be regularly cleaned of carbon deposits, as well as monitor the condition of the injection pump.
- With any contamination of the cooling system, the risk of engine overheating increases dramatically.
- If the engine is often allowed to overheat, it will soon begin to consume oil.