The 2.2-liter Opel X22SE engine was produced by the German concern from 1998 to 2000 and was installed only on the second generation of the very popular Frontera SUV. This unit was updated to EURO 3 environmental standards in 2000 and received a new Y22SE index.
The engine was installed on:
- Opel Frontera B (U99) in 1998 – 2000.
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||136|
|Torque output, Nm||202|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||86|
|Piston stroke, mm||94.6|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.75|
|Euro standards||EURO 2|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Opel Frontera 1999)
|Engine lifespan, km||~400 000|
Disadvantages of the X22SE engine
- The motor does not like high rpm, it often breaks through the gasket at high speed;
- Also, the exhaust manifold likes to crack here, and it is useless to brew it;
- The reason for the sudden oil burner here is usually in the blown valve stem seals;
- There are many problems with the timing, when the belt jumps, the phases go astray, and when it breaks, the valves bend;
- If the engine starts to freeze at certain speeds, replacing the throttle position sensor will help.