The 2.4-liter gasoline engine Opel A24XE or A24XF was produced from 2010 to 2018 and was installed on European versions of such popular models as Opel Antara and Chevrolet Captiva. These motors are essentially versions of the GM LE5 and LE9 units, which have been known since 2006.
The engine was installed on:
- Opel Antara A (L07) in 2010 – 2017;
- Chevrolet Captiva C140 in 2011 – 2018.
|Power output, hp||165 – 175|
|Torque output, Nm||215 – 235|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||88|
|Piston stroke, mm||98|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.7|
|Euro standards||EURO 5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Opel Antara 2012)
|Engine lifespan, km||~300 000|
Disadvantages of the A24XE engine
- The main problems here are delivered by the timing chain drive with an unpredictable resource.
- If the chain is not replaced in time, the front cover will also be added to the parts list.
- The cause of unstable operation of the engine is often a malfunction of the phase regulators.
- Some owners complain about increased oil consumption from the first kilometers.
- Be sure to use a torque wrench, the engine metal is very soft.