The 2.4-liter Opel C24NE or LU6 engine was produced by the company from 1988 to 1995 and was installed on the largest models of the concern such as Omega or the Frontera SUV. This power unit is not related to the C20NE, as it was created on the basis of the old 1.6N engine.
The C20/30 line also includes engines: C20NE, C20XE, C20LET and C30SE.
The engine was installed on:
- Opel Frontera A (U92) in 1991 – 1995;
- Opel Omega A (V87) in 1988 – 1993.
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||125|
|Torque output, Nm||195|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||cast iron 8v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||95|
|Piston stroke, mm||86|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||6.5|
|Euro standards||EURO 1|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Opel Frontera 1993)
|Engine lifespan, km||~400 000|
Disadvantages of the C24NE engine
- This engine is exceptionally hardy and has no pronounced weaknesses;
- Only lubrication leaks and burnout of the exhaust manifold gasket can be called frequent;
- The timing chain here is stretched and needs to be replaced at a run of about 300 thousand kilometers;
- From low-quality oil, hydraulic lifters often fail and begin to knock;
- On specialized forums, they sometimes complain about oil getting into the cooling system.