The 2.0-liter turbo Opel C20LET engine was assembled at a German plant from 1992 to 1997 and installed on sports modifications of a number of popular models such as Vectra, Calibra. This power unit was very popular among fans of inexpensive garage tuning.
The C20/30 line also includes engines: C20NE, C20XE, C24NE and C30SE.
The engine was installed on:
- Opel Calibra A (C89) in 1992 – 1997;
- Opel Vectra A (J89) in 1992 – 1994.
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||204|
|Torque output, Nm||280|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||86|
|Piston stroke, mm||86|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.5|
|Euro standards||EURO 1|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Opel Calibra 1995)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
Disadvantages of the C20LET engine
- Almost all such motors are subject to revision and many problems are associated with this;
- The weak point of the engine is the cylinder head, it simply cracks;
- The timing belt resource is approximately 50 – 60 thousand km, when it breaks, the valves bend;
- The thermostat, pump and a number of electronic sensors have low reliability here;
- Many owners complain about the difficulty of setting the correct mixture formation.