The 2.2-liter diesel engine Opel Y22DTH or LL9 was produced from 2000 to 2004 and was installed only on the rear and all-wheel drive models of the company, such as Frontera or Omega. This power unit was essentially a modernization of the X22DTH engine for EURO 3 environmental standards.
The engine was installed on:
- Opel Frontera B (U99) in 2000 – 2004;
- Opel Omega B (V94) in 2000 – 2003.
|Fuel system||direct injection|
|Power output, hp||115 – 120|
|Torque output, Nm||260 – 280|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||84|
|Piston stroke, mm||98|
|Timing drive||two chains|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-40|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||6.1|
|Euro standards||EURO 3|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Opel Omega 2002)
|Engine lifespan, km||~320 000|
Disadvantages of the Y22DTH engine
- Most of all, regular airing of the fuel system will cause you problems;
- In second place are breakdowns in the electrical part of the capricious injection pump Bosch VP44;
- With constant driving in tightness, there is a risk of turning the liners or breaking the crankshaft;
- The rubber gaskets under the injectors dry out and the oil mixes with the fuel;
- Do not forget to periodically clean the EGR valve, as well as burn the particulate filter.