The 2.2-liter Opel X22DTH or LL9 diesel engine was produced from 1998 to 2000 and was installed only on a couple of company models, the Frontera SUV and the Sintra minivan. After modernization in 2000, the diesel engine began to comply with EURO 3 and received the Y22DTH index.
The engine was installed on:
- Opel Frontera B (U99) in 1998 – 2000;
- Opel Sintra A (APV) in 1998 – 1999.
|Fuel system||direct injection|
|Power output, hp||115|
|Torque output, Nm||260|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||84|
|Piston stroke, mm||98|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-40|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||6.1|
|Euro standards||EURO 2|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Opel Frontera 1999)
|Engine lifespan, km||~300 000|
Disadvantages of the X22DTH engine
- The main problems for the owner are the frequent airing of the fuel system;
- Relatively many breakdowns happen here in the electrical part of the Bosch VP44 injection pump;
- On the specialized forums, many cases of crankshaft failure are described when driving in tightness;
- Drying of the gaskets under the nozzles leads to the ingress of lubricant into diesel fuel;
- Even before 100,000 km you will encounter contamination of the EGR valve or particulate filter.