The 2.0-liter diesel engine Opel X20DTL or LD3 was produced from 1996 to 2000 and was installed on a number of the concern’s most popular models, such as Astra, Vectra, Zafira. This in-house developed power unit was equipped with a Bosch type VP-44 fuel pump.
The engine was installed on:
- Opel Astra G (T98) in 1998 – 2000;
- Opel Vectra B (J96) in 1996 – 2000;
- Opel Zafira A (T98) in 1999 – 2000.
|Fuel system||direct injection|
|Power output, hp||82|
|Torque output, Nm||185|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||84|
|Piston stroke, mm||90|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-40|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.5|
|Euro standards||EURO 2|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Opel Vectra 1999)
|Engine lifespan, km||~350 000|
Disadvantages of the X20DTL engine
- Most powertrain problems are related to the Bosch VP44 fuel pump;
- The weak point of this injection pump is the fuel valve control transistor;
- If the fuel filter is incorrectly replaced, you can simply air the system;
- Due to the drying of the rubber gaskets under the nozzles, the oil enters the diesel fuel;
- Also here, the EGR valve is often overgrown with soot and the EGR valve is clogged and the particulate filter is clogged.