The 2.0-liter diesel engine Opel Y20DTH or LBS was produced from 2000 to 2005 and was installed on such popular models of the company as Astra, Vectra, Signum or Zafira. This power unit was essentially a Euro 3 version of the well-known motor under the X20DTH index.
The engine was installed on:
- Opel Astra G (T98) in 2000 – 2004;
- Opel Signum A (Z03) in 2003 – 2004;
- Opel Vectra B (J96) in 2000 – 2002; Vectra C (Z02) in 2002 – 2004;
- Opel Zafira A (T98) in 2000 – 2005.
|Fuel system||direct injection|
|Power output, hp||101|
|Torque output, Nm||230|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||84|
|Piston stroke, mm||90|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-40|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.5|
|Euro standards||EURO 3|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Opel Zafira 2004)
|Engine lifespan, km||~320 000|
Disadvantages of the Y20DTH engine
- The main problems of the engine are somehow connected with the failures of the Bosch VP44 injection pump;
- Usually its electrical part fails, for example, the control transistor burns out;
- Due to the drying of the gaskets under the nozzles, the oil can be mixed with diesel fuel;
- Through the fault of oily deposits, swirl flaps in the intake manifold wedge;
- Also, do not forget about the periodic cleaning of the EGR valve and particulate filter.