The 1.8-liter 16-valve Peugeot EW7A or 6FY engine was produced from 2006 to 2010 and was installed on some popular models of the automaker, and especially the Peugeot 407. This power unit is essentially a modernization of the EW7J4 engine for EURO 4 environmental standards.
The engine was installed on:
- Peugeot 407 I (D2) in 2006 – 2010;
- Citroen C4 Picasso I (B58) in 2006 – 2008;
- Citroen C5 II (X7) in 2008 – 2010.
|Power output, hp||125|
|Torque output, Nm||170|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||82.7|
|Piston stroke, mm||81.4|
|Phase regulator||at the intake|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.0|
|Euro standards||EURO 4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Peugeot 407 2009)
|Engine lifespan, km||~300 000|
Disadvantages of the EW7A engine
- A good reliability engine does not tolerate bad fuel or oil;
- The first here is usually the injectors, then the candles, and after them the ignition coils;
- Dirty throttle or idle control leads to floating engine speed;
- From poor-quality lubrication, hydraulic lifters start knocking relatively quickly;
- And the oil here loves to ooze from under the valve covers, as well as the crankshaft oil seal.