The 2.0-liter Peugeot EW10J4 or RFN engine was produced by the company from 1999 to 2010 and was installed on many popular models of the concern, such as 206, 307, 406, 407, 806 and 807. There was a forced version of the unit for 180 hp / 200 Nm with the index EW10J4S or RFK.
Engines of the EW family: EW7J4, EW7A, EW10J4, EW10D, EW10A, EW12J4.
|Power output, hp||136|
|Torque output, Nm||190|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||85|
|Piston stroke, mm||88|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-40|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.25|
|Euro standards||EURO 3|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Peugeot 406 2002)
|Engine lifespan, km||~300 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Peugeot 206 I (T1) in 1999 – 2004;
- Peugeot 307 I (T5/T6) in 2001 – 2005;
- Peugeot 406 I (D8/D9) in 1999 – 2004;
- Peugeot 407 I (D2) in 2004 – 2006;
- Peugeot 806 I (U60) in 1999 – 2002;
- Peugeot 807 I (V2) in 2002 – 2005;
- Citroen Xsara I (N6/N7) in 1999 – 2003;
- Citroen Xsara Picasso I (N68) in 2003 – 2007;
- Citroen C4 I (B51) in 2004 – 2005;
- Citroen C5 I (X3/X4) in 2000 – 2005.
Disadvantages of the EW10J4 engine
- Most often, owners of cars with this power unit complain about oil waste;
- Also, grease often oozes from under the valve cover or it presses from the breather;
- Next in frequency are failures of ignition system components, especially coils;
- Contaminated throttle and idle control causes floating engine speed;
- The cause of strong engine vibrations is usually the strong wear of its pillows.