The 2.2-liter Peugeot DW12UTED or DW12U or 4HY engine was produced from 2002 to 2006 and was installed on the popular Peugeot Boxer, Citroen Jumper or Fiat Ducato minibuses. This unit was distinguished from other engines of the series by the presence of an 8-valve cylinder head.
The engine was installed on:
- Peugeot Boxer I (J5) in 2002 – 2006;
- Citroen Jumper I (U5) in 2002 – 2006;
- Fiat Ducato II (230) in 2002 – 2006.
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||100|
|Torque output, Nm||250|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 8v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||85|
|Piston stroke, mm||96|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||6.5|
|Euro standards||EURO 3|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Peugeot Boxer 2004)
|Engine lifespan, km||~500 000|
Disadvantages of the DW12UTED engine
- Extremely hardy diesel engine, the resource of which depends on the quality of diesel fuel.
- With a frequent change of the fuel filter, the engine can easily cover more than 500 thousand km.
- The only disadvantage of the engine is the difficulty in dismantling the injectors for their maintenance.
- Strong vibrations of the power unit can be eliminated by simply replacing its supports.
- The remaining problems are typical and are associated with high pressure fuel pump leaks or a clogged EGR valve.