The 3.0-liter V6 engine of the Peugeot ES9A or XFV was produced from 2005 to 2009 in Douvrin and was installed on the top versions of such popular models of the company as 407 and 607.
The engine was installed on:
- Peugeot 407 I (D2) in 2005 – 2009;
- Peugeot 607 I (Z8/Z9) in 2005 – 2009;
- Citroen C5 II (X7) in 2008 – 2009;
- Citroen C6 I (X6) in 2005 – 2009.
|Power output, hp||211|
|Torque output, Nm||290|
|Cylinder block||aluminum V6|
|Block head||aluminum 24v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||87|
|Piston stroke, mm||82.6|
|Phase regulator||VTC, intake|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.75|
|Euro standards||EURO 4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Peugeot 407 2009)
|Engine lifespan, km||~360 000|
Disadvantages of the Peugeot ES9A engine
- Most engine problems are associated with the use of low-quality gasoline or oil;
- From bad fuel, candles quickly deteriorate, and after them the ignition coils;
- For the same reason, lambda probes fail, of which there are four;
- Non-original grease often tends to ooze from gaskets and seals;
- Many delay the costly replacement of the timing belt, which is fraught with a major overhaul.