The 2.2-liter Ford KNWA engine or 2.2 TDCi Duratorq DW was produced from 2010 to 2015 and was installed only on charged versions of the popular Galaxy and S-MAX minivans. This unit is actually just one of the options for the French diesel DW12CTED4.
The Duratorq-DW line also includes internal combustion engines: QXWA, TXDA and Q4BA.
The engine was installed on:
- Ford Galaxy Mk2 in 2010 – 2015;
- Ford S-MAX Mk1 in 2010 – 2015.
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||200|
|Torque output, Nm||420|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||85|
|Piston stroke, mm||96|
|Timing drive||chain and belt|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||6.0|
|Euro standards||EURO 5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Ford S-Max 2012)
|Engine lifespan, km||~350 000|
Disadvantages of the KNWA engine
- Sophisticated fuel equipment with piezo injectors does not like bad fuel;
- You need to change filters regularly or the Common Rail system will quickly fail;
- To repair or replace nozzles, you need special equipment for drilling them;
- Naturally, there are enough problems here with the turbine, EGR valve, particulate filter.