The 2.0-liter Ford CJBA / CJBB or 2.0 Duratec HE engine was built from 2000 to 2007 and was installed in the third generation of the very popular Mondeo model. This motor is essentially just a variation of the Mazda MZR LF-DE power unit.
DURATEC HE family:
1.8 L – CFBA, CHBA, QQDB;
2.0 L – AODA, AOWA, CJBA, XQDA;
2.3 L – SEWA, SEBA;
2.5 L – YTMA.
The engine was installed on:
- Ford Mondeo Mk3 in 2000 – 2007.
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||145|
|Torque output, Nm||190|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||87.5|
|Piston stroke, mm||83.1|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.25|
|Euro standards||EURO 4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Ford Mondeo 2006)
|Engine lifespan, km||~400 000|
Disadvantages of the CJBA/CJBB engine
- Most often, Mondeo owners are concerned about failures of ignition system components;
- From low-quality fuel, an expensive gasoline pump often fails;
- Specialized forums describe cases of intake manifold flaps falling into cylinders;
- Leaks from under the valve cover can be stopped by regularly tightening the bolts;
- On runs from 200 to 250 thousand kilometers, the timing chain usually already requires replacement.