The 2.0-liter Ford XQDA or 2.0 Duratec SCi TI-VCT engine has been produced only since 2010 and is installed on the third generation Focus for the North American and Russian markets. Despite the presence of a direct injection system, the engine normally digests not very high-quality fuel.
The engine was installed on:
- Ford Focus Mk3 in 2011 – 2018.
|Production years||since 2010|
|Fuel system||direct injection|
|Power output, hp||150|
|Torque output, Nm||202|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||87.5|
|Piston stroke, mm||83.1|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.3|
|Euro standards||EURO 5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Ford Focus 2012)
|Engine lifespan, km||~300 000|
Disadvantages of the XQDA engine
- The direct fuel injection system here is very reliable and causes almost no problems;
- After 100 – 150 thousand km, oil consumption usually appears due to the fault of the stuck rings;
- Closer to 200,000 km, the timing chain is quite often pulled out here and requires replacement;
- On long runs, the cylinder head often cracks and the oil begins to ooze into the antifreeze;
- It is also worth noting the modest assortment and high prices for spare parts for this engine.