The 1.8-liter Ford CHBA / CHBB or 1.8L Duratec HE engine was produced from 2000 to 2007 and was installed on the third generation of the popular Mondeo model in all its bodies. This motor was developed by Mazda and is a type of engine with the L8-DE index.
DURATEC HE family:
1.8 L – CFBA, CHBA, QQDB;
2.0 L – AODA, AOWA, CJBA, XQDA;
2.3 L – SEWA, SEBA;
2.5 L – YTMA.
The engine was installed on:
- Ford Mondeo Mk3 in 2000 – 2007.
|Power output, hp||125|
|Torque output, Nm||170|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||83|
|Piston stroke, mm||83.1|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.3|
|Euro standards||EURO 4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Ford Mondeo 2002)
|Engine lifespan, km||~360 000|
Disadvantages of the CHBA/CHBB engine
- Most often, owners complain about the oil burner due to the occurrence of oil scraper rings.
- Also, a lot of problems are always caused by sticking intake manifold flaps.
- From low-quality fuel, the fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator often fail.
- After 200 thousand kilometers, the timing chain and phase regulator often already require replacement.
- Every 100 thousand km, an expensive procedure for adjusting valve clearances is required.