The 2.3-liter Ford SEBA or 2.3 Duratec HE MI4 engine was produced only from 2007 to 2015 and was installed on the fourth generation of the rather popular Mondeo model. This power unit essentially did not differ from the well-known Mazda engine with the L3‑VE index.
DURATEC HE family:
1.8 L – CFBA, CHBA, QQDB;
2.0 L – AODA, AOWA, CJBA, XQDA;
2.3 L – SEWA, SEBA;
2.5 L – YTMA.
The engine was installed on:
- Ford Mondeo Mk4 in 2007 – 2015.
|Power output, hp||161|
|Torque output, Nm||208|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||87.5|
|Piston stroke, mm||94|
|Phase regulator||inlet iVCT|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.3|
|Euro standards||EURO 4/5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Ford Mondeo 2008)
|Engine lifespan, km||~350 000|
Disadvantages of the SEBA engine
- Very often there is a consumption of lubricant due to the occurrence of oil scraper rings;
- In second place are regularly jamming dampers for changing the geometry of the intake;
- From bad gasoline, the fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator fail here;
- On runs of 200 – 250 thousand km, the timing chain and phase regulator often require replacement;
- Once every 100,000 km, an expensive valve clearance adjustment procedure awaits you.